Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) is a state higher academic school which has the rights of legal entity and acts as a public institution. The University was established by the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania.
It is one of the largest schools of higher education in Lithuania, which strives for leading position among Baltic countries in technical and engineering education as well as the field of scientific research.
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University pursues to foster highly qualified, creative and socially active specialists, who would be able to successfully adapt to both Lithuanian and foreign markets of education and labour.
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University encompasses the following:
- Nearly 63.000 alumni over more than 50 years of the University‘s existence
- 13.000 students (over 2011/2012)
- 10 faculties
- 10 research institutes, 19 research laboratories, 5 research centres
- 930 academic staff members
- 100 study programmes based on three-cycle structure: undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate studies
- Over 200 business partners all over Lithuania
More about us you can see on http://www.vgtu.lt/en